Bayern sporting director Eberl responded to honorary president Uli Hoeneß’s fierce criticism of the German national team and DFB officials.

"He has a lot on his mind and is under considerable pressure," Eberl said when asked about Hoeneß's controversial remarks ahead of Saturday evening's German Super Cup between Dortmund and Bayern.
Hoeneß's comments about Klopp and Kosicke attract attention
“This involves German football, of course, as well as Jamal Musiala and Bayern. So he really has a lot on his mind,” Eberl continued.
Hoeneß recently described Jürgen Klopp’s appointment as Germany coach, along with the selection of his longtime confidant Marc Kosicke as assistant coach, as a “friendly takeover.” Hoeneß had previously stated: “Klopp and his team have taken over the DFB, and I think that’s wrong.”
"Yes, that statement was indeed very strong. But he also said afterwards: 'Many very good German players play for Bayern.' I also think Jürgen Klopp cannot ignore that. He sees these things," Eberl said in response.
Eberl also addressed Bayern's supervisory board meeting scheduled for August 25, at which the 52-year-old is expected to receive a contract extension: “Frankly, I don’t know exactly how the process will go. This will be my first contract extension at Bayern.”
"I have always said that I want to do my job well. If the club is satisfied with me, they will naturally reach out to me. Let's see what happens on Tuesday," the sporting director said confidently.
Before Bayern’s DFB-Pokal final against Stuttgart, Hoeneß assessed the likelihood of Eberl staying on at “60-40.” Eberl’s contract expires in the summer of 2027.
AF's PC site is now live! Browse full news, comments, match details and stats on your computer. Visit: www.allfootballapp.com
Germany
Klopp
Uli Hoeneß
Max Eberl
All Comments (2)
Today 09:21
Today 08:31